[GLLUG] Error restarting mysql or while emerging

Marshal Newrock marshal at simons-rock.edu
Sat Jan 29 19:07:26 EST 2005

On Sat, 29 Jan 2005, Seth Bembeneck wrote:

> I tried to restart mysql doing "/etc/init.d/mysql restart" when I get this
> error:
>
> * Caching service dependencies...
>
> /var/lib/init.d/depcache: line 1: commandoselite.com: command not found"
>

> I also get that error when trying to emerge programs.
>
> Commandoselite.com is my domainname, and I'm running Gentoo.
>
> What is causing this error??

I took a quick look through depcache, and my guess is that you put your
domainname in /etc/init.d/domainname instead of /etc/domainname,
overwriting an important init script.  This comes from baselayout, so if
you still have the distfile (rc-scripts) on your system, you can extract
it from there.

--
I decided long ago never to walk in anyone's shadow
()  The ASCII Ribbon Campaign against HTML Email,