[GLLUG] Contact database

Marshal Newrock marshal at simons-rock.edu
Thu Jul 7 16:52:29 EDT 2005

On Thu, 7 Jul 2005, Mike Johnson wrote:

> I am actually looking for a script of freeware type program to use on a
> website for contact list updates for friends, family ect.  I basically want
> to have a user login and only be able to update their own information (Phone
> number, address, e-mail ect.) but then they are able to view the information
> for everyone else.  My main goal is to keep contact of friends and family
> and allow them to update it as things change while allowing them to also
> keep updated information for themselves as well.  I have tried to write a
> program to accomplish this but has been more than I am ready to take on at
> this point.  I hope what I am trying to accomplish makes sense if not let me
> know.

I'd look for a wiki with good access control.  That is, must be logged in
to view pages, and can lock pages so that only the original author can
edit.  If it has to have a searchable database, this might not be the best
solution, but it sounds like this will suffice.

--
That which does not kill me makes me stranger
()  The ASCII Ribbon Campaign against HTML Email,