[GLLUG] ACD.net VoIP?

Mark Szidik/mlc SzidikM at mlcnet.org
Fri Jul 22 16:58:14 EDT 2005

Tim,

I use it at home (Lansing) it took about 6 weeks and two technician visits
for them to get it setup right, but that was about a year ago.  It works,
meaning that I pickup my phone and dial and I reach the other party as
expected.  The web interface to control the service sucks (limited
features, complete lack of documentation).  NO voicemail!  They have
promised VM for as long as I have had the service, I have to assume that
they will never have it.  All in all I am underwhelmed.  I did the VoIP
thing as an experiment (I still have my SBC POTS line) and did not port my
existing number.  If they had voicemail (requred for my wifes home office)
I'd cancel SBC and port my number.   I tried forwarding calls (with the
awful web interface) but it does not work reliably.

---
Mark Szidik

             Tom Rockwell
             <rockwell at pa.msu.
             edu>                                                       To
             Sent by:                  linux-user at egr.msu.edu
             linux-user-bounce                                          cc
             s at egr.msu.edu
                                                                   Subject
                                       [GLLUG] ACD.net VoIP?
             07/22/05 04:31 PM

Hi,

Anyone using the ACD.net VoIP service wish to comment on how they like
it?  We have their ADSL which has worked out well.  We're in East Lansing.

Thanks,
Tom