[GLLUG] Gtk2::Perl CD-burning thingy, etc.

Matt Graham danceswithcrows at usa.net
Thu Jun 9 15:06:02 EDT 2005

The Gtk2::Perl CD-burning thingy ("GLLUG CD Burn Box" working title) is
ready, and it actually works properly for a limited set of conditions
("no CD in drive" is handled, "cdrecord died with bizarre error" isn't
handled just yet.)  I've learned a bit about the Gtk2::Perl bindings
and can show everybody how it all works.

The Gtk2::Perl stuff could easily be used as a rapid prototyping tool
provided you have it installed and you remember to call the
main_iteration function if GTK events are waiting.  If you don't do
that and your app is busy doing I/O or parsing text or something, the
GUI will not get updated.  Converting prototype->C code shouldn't be
too difficult as the functions map pretty directly.  I haven't tried
that yet--maybe later on.

And yeah, if we're having a meeting tonight, I'm there.

--
   I think I'll go hold my head under a bucket of vodka until I feel
   better.