[GLLUG] CD-burning box: suggestions needed!

Matt Graham danceswithcrows at usa.net
Fri Jun 10 11:12:57 EDT 2005

Last night at the meeting, Jeff looked at the "cdburnbox" Perl script
that I'd written and pronounced it reasonably good.  Apparently, we're
going to try and build a CD burning station next meeting.  So, we need
user input on which CDs we're going to have available on this station.
We already have a number of suggestions:

Gentoo LiveCD
Fedora Core (all 4 CDs)
SuSE (all 4 or 5 CDs)
Debian install CD
The Open CD (open-source software for Windows)
Ubuntu (and Kubuntu?)
Knoppix
FreeBSD (maybe Open and Net as well?)

...but we'd like more input.  If you know of a Free CD that'd be neat to
have, get the ISO image and bring it in next meeting.  We'll copy it to
the burning station's main disk and such.

We'd also appreciate it if somebody could write up a description for the
CDs being burned.  5 or 6 lines of text describing what the CD is is
fine.  The cdburnbox script also can have a PNG or JPEG or GIF image
associated with each CD, so if you can grab a suitable image and crop
it to 256x256 pixels, that'd be excellent.  If there's no suitable
image, we'll use a default image (a silhouetted Tux?).  Thanks!

--
  Back in my day, all we had were 0's.  We painted them different colors
  to tell them apart.  Once this started bogging the processes down, we