[GLLUG] laptop bags

Scott Henry Harrison harris41 at msu.edu
Sun Jun 26 12:13:28 EDT 2005

Hi,

Sort of a mundane topic and question....  Background:
In the spirit of caring about equipment, I notice
that padding in a bag really makes a difference
for laptops (compared to more economical solutions
of just a canvas or vinyl briefcase).  Sometimes however, having every
laptop be "well-defined" by keeping it and its wires/components
in most any bag, is just as major a criterion (if the laptop
is cheap/secondary) and justifies not getting the
super-duper-ultimate $200 carrying bag.

Question:
I've looked around for a cheap (yet decently
padded enough for transit) laptop carrying case
and they are hard to find....  $50+ seems a bit
pricey.  Anybody find a low cost zippered "3d rectangle"
(http://mathcentral.uregina.ca/QQ/database/QQ.09.03/jack2.html)
with interior foam siding and a few side pouches?

Regards,
Scott