[GLLUG] laptop bags

Perry_rg peregryn2356 at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 26 23:03:41 EDT 2005

Scott,

I would suggest that you check out Discount PC.  Their phone number is 517-887-3130.  They are located at 5525 S. Cedar St., Suite 1, Lansing, MI 48911.  Last I checked, their hours were 10-7 M-F, 10-6 Sat, 12-5 Sun.  I bought my laptop bag there for about $20.  It may have been either a used bag or a discontinued model, but it looked new to me.  At the time, they had several different laptop bags on hand.

Discount PC often has good deals on refurbished computers as well, including laptops.  I bought my HP Omni 6000 laptop there for about $500.  They also carry some of the older memory modules and CPUs.

Perry Godwin
Thelema Networks
tel: 517-485-2544
email: peregryn2356 at yahoo.com

Scott Henry Harrison <harris41 at msu.edu> wrote:
Hi,

Sort of a mundane topic and question.... Background:
In the spirit of caring about equipment, I notice
that padding in a bag really makes a difference
for laptops (compared to more economical solutions
of just a canvas or vinyl briefcase). Sometimes however, having every
laptop be "well-defined" by keeping it and its wires/components
in most any bag, is just as major a criterion (if the laptop
is cheap/secondary) and justifies not getting the
super-duper-ultimate $200 carrying bag.

Question:
I've looked around for a cheap (yet decently
padded enough for transit) laptop carrying case
and they are hard to find.... $50+ seems a bit
pricey. Anybody find a low cost zippered "3d rectangle"
(http://mathcentral.uregina.ca/QQ/database/QQ.09.03/jack2.html)
with interior foam siding and a few side pouches?

Regards,
Scott