[GLLUG] Wireless networking setup problems

Eric Miller eric.john.miller at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 15:19:50 EST 2005

I was wondering if someone could help me setup wireless networking on my
Inspiron 8200 laptop at the install fest. I've tried a couple of times
to get it working but since I don't have a wireless router I've only
been able to try a few times at the local coffee shop. I had to keep
rebooting into WXP to search for help, then reboot back into Ubuntu,
rinse, repeat...

It's a Dell TrueMobile 1150 Series Mini PCI Wireless 802.11B card.
According to the hardware compatibility list for Ubuntu it should just
"work" out of the box but I think I had it disabled when I installed.

Does anyone have a wireless router they can bring in and hook up?

Eric Miller