[GLLUG] Apache 1.3.31 server side includes

Szymon Machajewski SMachaje at grcc.edu
Tue Mar 22 23:03:33 EST 2005

fyi

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/howto/ssi.html

http://www.apacheweek.com/features/ssi

http://www.onlamp.com/catalog/apache/excerpt/ch10.html

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/mod/mod_include.html

And here is a note that stands out:

AddType text/html .shtml
AddHandler server-parsed .shtml
The following directive must be given for the directories containing
the shtml files (typically in a <Directory> section, but this directive
is also valid .htaccess files if AllowOverride Options is set):

Options +Includes

To make sure the module loads without engaging another module, rename
the .so file and try to start the server.  Also make sure that you do
'apachectl stop' and 'apachectl start' instead of 'apachectl restart'.
Sometimes restart is not the same (especially with ssl).

I still think that whatever it is that you are doing you could get this
done with PHP better.  If you get desperate let me know what kind of
template it is that you are making and I'll write the PHP code for you.

Sincerely,

Szymon Machajewski

Zend Certified Engineer (PHP)
Microsoft Certified Solution Developer
RedHat Certified Technician
Certified Novell Administrator
MySQL Core Certification
CompTIA Linux+ Certification
Computer Whatchamajigger  :: Grand Rapids Community College

Until you spread your wings,
You'll have no idea how far you can walk.

http://www.despair.com/limitations.html

On Tuesday 22 March 2005 12:15, David Silva Smith wrote:
> I'm thinking the mod_include isn't loading properly...
> Is there anyway to check which modules are running?

Apache 2.x has a module called mod_info that will print server
statistics if
setup properly. (Not 100% sure if Apache 1.3 has this, though I believe
it
does.) In httpd.conf, make sure mod_info is loaded and add or uncomment
the
following lines to enable a URL to the info page:

<Location /server-info>
    SetHandler server-info
    Order deny,allow
    Deny from all
    Allow from 192.168.0.
</Location>

This will give you all kinds of info about the server and, more
importantly,
the modules which are currently loaded. You'd have to change the "Allow
from"
line to match your local network or set it to the exact IP you're
connecting
from. You can allow from all, but be sure to comment it out and restart
once
you're all done.

Charles
--