[GLLUG] Alsa-Utils Segfault?

impact impact at absoluteinsight.net
Wed Mar 23 17:12:54 EST 2005

Having some odd troubles with Alsa... Reformatted last night, never had
problems before, but I can't get this sorted out for some reason...

Running Gentoo on AMD64
ALSA compiled in kernel, and alsa-utils emerged

Any alsa-util program running at the time an alsa even happens sigfaults
Ex: running alsamixer in a terminal will sigfault when a message comes
in through gaim, or if I try using xmms/mpg123.

ALSA sounds work in gaim, but in xmms (xmms-alsa emerged as well) alsa
doesn't work, however OSS emulation through ALSA does...

Any thoughts?

-Dan Sherman