[GLLUG] Meeting Thursday, March 31

Michael McCarty mjmccarty at lycos.com
Wed Mar 30 23:23:25 EST 2005

I was just at a new place (opened last Wednesday) that you might consider contacting to see if they would have space.  It is called "Gone Wired" address:  2021 East Michigan (the former Raupp Campfitters location) Phone:  835-0550.  It is a cyber cafe.  Yes, hot and cold drinks with (and without) caffeine are available for purchase.

They have wireless and wired connections.  If you need to use one of their wired machines the charge is $1.00 for 15 minutes.  Wireless is free.  Various seating configurations are available on two floors, including a small conference-room-style table.

The whole place is nonsmoking until they figure out if they can/how to make a small smoking section that is isolated and ventilated to prevent smoke intrusion in the nonsmoking space.

Check it out!  Today's "City Pulse" has a BOGO coupon on page 27 with the ad.

Mike McCarty
mjmccarty at lycos.com