[GLLUG] Lansing Network Map?

Nicholas Kwiatkowski kwiatk27 at msu.edu
Wed May 4 16:00:10 EDT 2005

If you are concerned about getting ANY broadband, I would check out
http://www.dslreports.com/.

If you are looking for a great map of where the Central Offices are in your
county (including street address), take a look at :

http://www.dslreports.com/coinfo

Hint: Closer you are to a CO, the faster/better access to DSL you will get.

As far as cable modems go -- you just need to pick an area that is served by
Comcast.  Comcast rarely goes into business parks, so you might need to
contact them directly to find out if they are in any. (I know they have no
service South of Dunkel, South of Jolly from College all the way to
Aurelius, which is a large business area.)

T1's are available in most of the tri-county area -- again check the coinfo
site above.

Hope that helps!

 -Nick Kwiatkowski
G.E.E! Communications and Network Solutions