[GLLUG] Meeting Thursday, May 5

Charles Ulrich dincht at securenym.net
Wed May 4 16:47:40 EDT 2005

Another weekly GLLUG meeting is scheduled to be held at the Gone Wired
cybercafe in Lansing at 6:30PM. (There will be an officer's meeting from
6:00PM to 6:30PM, but any are welcome to attend.) Gone Wired is at 2021
E Michigan Ave in Lansing on the north side of the street between N
Clemens and Fairview avenues. Here is a map with the (approximate) location:

http://tinyurl.com/7mh2w

Agenda: Stuff

Normally we'd have a presentation going on, but this week is a little
different. There are so many things going on in and around the GLLUG
right now that we thought we'd dedicate an entire evening to them.

One of these things is the new GLLUG website. We'll be soliciting advice
and opinions on both layout and content. (There's a preview at
http://www.gllug.org/mambo/.) We'll also be assigning responsibilities
and accounts to those who will help maintain it.

We're also going to discuss doing GLLUG projects. There are already a
number of projects proposed and we'll discuss the merits of each, set
some dates, decide what we need in terms of resources, and make a list
of who wants to be involved in each project. On the table as potential
group projects are: MythTV box builing, terminal server setup,
firewalls, db-backed web site design, dynamic DNS, running the Penguicon
4.0 computer lounge, a webcam or audio feed at the GLLUG meetings, and more.

Finally, we're going to draw up a schedule of the summer's events.

I understand that this is fairly late notice, but please take a moment
to RSVP if you plan to attend this meeting so that we can get a general
idea of how many will show up. Just reply to this message (with the
GLLUG list address in the "To:" field) indicating your desire to attend
and/or change the message Subject to "RSVP". Thanks!

--
http://bityard.net