[GLLUG] Cheap laptops

Matt Souden msouden at mac.com
Thu May 26 11:19:02 EDT 2005

Hi guys,

I'm a fan of a shop down here in Ann Arbor called Affordable Computers.
Some of you have seen my refurbished Dell Latitude C600 PIII 850 w/
256MB RAM (512 now).

I got it almost 3 years ago for about $800 w/ Mandrake on it... and have
beaten on it ever since. Affordable got me into Linux, and they treat me
pretty good.

Their stuff comes w/ a year warranty and the C600 is Linux friendly,
easily tinkered with, and proved to me to be rather robust- I'm hard on
equipment.

My machine is going for like $449 with them now.
http://www.affordablecomputers.com/pages/products.php/8569

Have fun tonight- I'm going north with the family.
Sorry to have missed the MythTV night. I was applying Darth Maul face
paint for the 12:01 showing.
(kidding- but we did have that guy in the theater.)

Matt

--
Matt Souden
Marketing Consultant and Accidental Techie
msouden at mac.com
H/O : (734) 929-9642
C : (517) 420-8521