[GLLUG] How would you go about buying a new pc?

Eric Miller eric.john.miller at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 11:51:23 EST 2005

I've purchased a system from http://www.MonarchComputer.com and been
happy with it. You can work with them to spec. a custom system or
purchase something designed for Linux compatibility.

They had an option to test my custom built system with Linux as part of
the burn-in even without ordering an OS installed.

Eric Miller

On Tue, 2005-11-15 at 11:28 -0500, Ashton Shortridge wrote:
<snip>
> 2) Online Vendor choices. I will install Linux myself; I don't need it
> preinstalled, since I will try to make Kanotix work. That means I'd really
> prefer not to have an OS preinstalled. I definitely don't want to buy XP with
> my system. I have heard negative things about Dell and linux; your thoughts
> on this would be helpful, since MSU likes to steer sales Dell's way.
</snip>
--
Incident Response: Doing something silly right now is better than having
done something sensible last year.