[GLLUG] How would you go about buying a new pc?

Lachniet, Mark mlachniet at sequoianet.com
Wed Nov 16 10:13:44 EST 2005

Normally, Dell has some good deals but NOT lately.

Personally, I just bought a new PC for home that I'm pretty happy with.
I spent too much money (about $2k) but bought a Dell Dimension 9100 with
a Raid-0 320 gb array, dual core 3.0ghz Intel chipset, 3gb of memory,
and a 24" LCD.   The dual core, plus the big memory means that it is
FAST for doing intensive processing stuff (for example, I run 4-5
windows machines in VMWARE and it doesn't slow down).  The 24" LCD is
really nice for big spreadsheets, and playing video games like Civ IV
and Guild Wars.  Anyway, I actually run SUSE 10 in a VM window and it
works just fine.  Not sure how the driver support would be if you
installed Linux as a native OS, but I assume you wouldn't have problems.

Mark Lachniet