[GLLUG] How would you go about buying a new pc?

Mark Szidik/mlc SzidikM at mlcnet.org
Thu Nov 17 16:26:31 EST 2005

I guess I need to count myself as a lucky one.  At MLC we buy only Dell and
get 5-7 new machines each year - for last 9 years.  Never a serious
problem.  All that I can think of is replacing a few floppy drives and 1 cd
drive.  We buy from the Optiplex line.

---
Mark Szidik, CIO
Michigan Library Consortium
1407 Rensen Street, Suite 1,  Lansing, MI 48910-3657
Ph:800.530.9019 x117   Fax:517.492.3881
Ph:517.492.3817
MLC - Partnerships. Solutions. Excellence.

             "STeve Andre'"
             <andres at msu.edu>
             linux-user-bounce         "Lachniet, Mark"
             s at egr.msu.edu             <mlachniet at sequoianet.com>
                                                                        cc
                                       Andy Lee <ALEE at courts.mi.gov>,
             11/17/05 04:03 PM         linux-user at egr.msu.edu
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [GLLUG] How would you go about
                                       buying a new pc?

On Thursday 17 November 2005 16:01, Lachniet, Mark wrote:
> I guess I've been lucky - I have 5 dells of varying models, bought over
the
> last 3 years, and nary a problem (except one dead power supply).
>
> Mark Lachniet

And thats the point, the complete variability in what one
can get from Dell.  There was a person here at MSU who
got five Dell's and all of them had problems, mostly
disk, and he was really mad.  A friend of mine got 13
of them, all perfect, so got 20 more and those were a
disaster.

Dell kinda reeks today.

--STeve Andre'