[GLLUG] Programming logic & design

Clay Dowling clay at lazarusid.com
Thu Apr 27 09:34:30 EDT 2006

Brian Beck said:

> best C++ reference I've ever seen (Stroustrup may be better if you
really know the language, but the Stroustrup is almost useless to
someone who doesn't know C++), it's written in a very readable format

Probably Julie should actually check out the books for herself to see what
is most suitable.  I was able to learn C++ from Stroustrup exclusively,
having no C++ experience before hand and no mentor.  Stroustrup fit the
way my brain worked.  It's likely that this won't be the language that
Julie starts with anyway.  C++ has earned its reputation for overwhelming
new students.

Clay Dowling
--
Simple Content Management