[GLLUG] How can a Wiki be used?

Andy Lee ALEE at courts.mi.gov
Thu Apr 27 08:17:18 EDT 2006

Working at the State, Novell is we I have to work with as well. Maybe not the best option, but usable in most cases. I do see them moving more toward open standards across the board, which is promising. My biggest problem is that I know very little about ldap,  but know we have this resource, and would like to leverage it for something more than the basic Novell file & print we're doing today. Both JForum, JSPWiki, and Bugzilla all support authenticating to LDAP so if we can get that to work, we can feasible have single sign on across all our apps. At some point this will move up the priority list to where I can devote some time to it, and it sounds like it is at least possible.

>>> "Szymon Machajewski" <SMachaje at grcc.edu> 4/26/2006 6:12:53 PM >>>
Andy,

I have to Love Novell so I have no comment.  Having said that I do have
some thoughts ...

Actually I'm familiar with PHP so I simply debugged the code enough to
make dokuwiki work with our eDirectory.  Dokuwiki has instructions on
how it should work, but as expected it didn't.  It had a bug in the
code.

I can share the ldap config for dokuwiki which works for us, but their
docs are good too.

About eDirectory, it seems that Novell is strong in the IDM marked.
For their new releases of IDM they may allow other ldap servers to run
underneatht it.  This will force the entire system to be standards
based.

Szymon Machajewski

Solutions Engineer / DBA
Red Hat Certified Engineer
Microsoft Certified Solution Developer
www.grcc.edu/smachaje

>>> "Andy Lee" <ALEE at courts.mi.gov> 4/26/2006 9:02:53 am >>>
Did you have any issues hooking it up to eDirectory? Can you recommend
any resources for using eDirectory for LDAP authentication? Did you find
that instructions for LDAP transferred well to eDir? I've been curious
about doing this for our systems, but fearful that Novell bastardized
LDAP to the point that it wouldn't work well for things expecting a
standard LDAP server.

>>> "Szymon Machajewski" <SMachaje at grcc.edu> 4/25/2006 9:52 PM >>>
I've recently experimented with dokuwiki, a wiki styled to be a
documentation system.  I have it connected to eDirectory for
authentication and groups.

I liked this site: http://www.wikimatrix.org/
compare wiki features.

Szymon Machajewski