[GLLUG] Programming logic & design

Dave Rogers SuperflySaleen at comcast.net
Fri Apr 28 03:56:20 EDT 2006

I thought everyone knew that Stroustrup confessed in his '98 IEEE interview:

http://linux.wku.edu/~lamonml/software/cpptruth.html

:-]

I can't comment on some of the other languages mentioned here, but I
know that teaching Python to high school students is going fairly well
in places.  This is a great article on the subject:
http://www.python.org/workshops/2000-01/proceedings/papers/elkner/pyYHS.html
Also, I've written large Python programs and deployed them in the
corporate world with success so I think there is long term value in
learning this language (in other words, I don't think its "just a
teaching language").  Not that anyone implied that....

Dave