[GLLUG] System optimizations

Caleb Cushing xenoterracide at gmail.com
Thu Aug 10 15:47:29 EDT 2006

I don't know if you got my email prior but I can't make it to that meeting
it's the last day of class. still hoping it's just like every does a 5
minute here's my favorite optimiztion or trick. If I were coming I would do
data journaling for ext3. I might be able to make it depending on schedule
that night for class but I can't guarantee. I can give someon resources for
my optimization if they want to cover it. theres a one page-ish guide? um...
hdparm should be covered... maybe jeff was doing that. if anyone knows
tricks for sata and scsi it would be nice. specially sata. compiler
optimizations and how to do them... and what's safe (not sure if it should
be covered) I fear ricers. um... maybe cron jobs that help with
something?any kernel tricks...  just throwing around idea's whatever people
do that make there lives easier in linux. even window manager tricks would
be good. setting up keyboard shortcuts... maybe even a windows, bsd, unix,
mac OSX tricks if that will get more people to share.