[GLLUG] meeting idea?

Asenchi asenchi at gmail.com
Tue Aug 22 18:07:55 EDT 2006

Hello,

On 8/22/06, Benjamin Cathey <benjamincathey at catheycompany.com> wrote:
> I know this is a fear for people who are thinking about migrating to linux.

It is amazing to me that this statement holds true more often than
not.  Especially when people say it then log onto their Administrator
account on their XP machine.  Very frustrating from a computer support
side of things.

Just to add some more, I would say if you can unplug your entire
network from the Internet, and the one machine you found compromised
from that network.  Then appraise the damage there and start working
on checking other machines on the network for similar signs.  You
should always expect that your *entire* network is compromised and not
just that single machine.

Just some thoughts.

--
<yourpreconceivednotionsoftheauthorgohere>