[GLLUG] Re: Penguicon Gaming Machines for Computer Room

Matt Graham danceswithcrows at usa.net
Mon Dec 4 13:40:44 EST 2006

On Monday 04 December 2006 13:17, after a long battle with technology,
Karl Schuttler wrote:
> Personally, I think that this standard is above what is really needed
> for gaming. Perhaps to play the latest games, which would be cool,
> but also very costly.

"Gaming" usually means "playing the most recent edition of a
heavily-advertised game".  At least, that's what it usually maps to on
most Net forums.

> I think people would be pleased if the gaming room just had a
> computer with SNES roms on it...everybody likes mario.
> Then again, it isn't really multiplayer.

While "Super Mario World" wasn't really multiplayer, wasn't the
first "Mario Kart" for the SNES 2-player?  All you'd need would be 2
USB joysticks, snes9express, and you'd be set.  OK, there's the pesky
issue of whether using the ROMs in that manner would be *legal*, which
might kill that whole idea.

--
   Stupidity got us into this mess--why can't it get us out?