[GLLUG] Re: Penguicon Gaming Machines for Computer Room

Charles Ulrich charles at idealso.com
Mon Dec 4 15:16:57 EST 2006

On Monday 04 December 2006 13:40, Matt Graham wrote:
> While "Super Mario World" wasn't really multiplayer, wasn't the
> first "Mario Kart" for the SNES 2-player?  All you'd need would be 2
> USB joysticks, snes9express, and you'd be set.  OK, there's the pesky
> issue of whether using the ROMs in that manner would be *legal*, which
> might kill that whole idea.

In theory, it should be perfectly legal if somebody has an original cart
on-hand during the event. If there is lots of interest in SMK, I'd be happy
to swing on down to the local used games store and pick up a copy for a few
bucks. Or, more likely, somebody on this list has an copy collecting dust
that they'd let us borrow.

--
Charles Ulrich
Ideal Solution, LLC -- http://www.idealso.com