[GLLUG] Edgy Eft CD

Charles Tower c.e.tower at gmail.com
Sun Dec 17 01:07:47 EST 2006

Does anyone have a spare Ubuntu or Kubuntu (maybe even Xubuntu) CD?  My
nephew mentioned he thought about installing Linux on his new PC until
he discovered the price at TigerDirect wasn't much different than that
for WinXP.  (I have not verified this, but it sounds wrong.)  I have
version 6.06 CDs, but I'd like to give him the latest version to try
out.  I plan to be at next week's meeting, so I could pick it up there.
  There's no need to download it for me, as he has broadband access and
could download it himself.  I just thought the slick packaging Canonical
uses would make a better impression on him.

                                Chick