[GLLUG] Hard Disk Imaging

Craig Weaver craigw at cctechservices.com
Thu Dec 21 12:35:09 EST 2006

I have done both the partimage and the vmware route.  I have used partimage in a network environment backing up a lot of xp pro installs and I can say I have only had it choke on ntfs a couple of times. Although I can say when it chokes on the ntfs that box is usually an issue for other reasons in my experience.  For your particular requirement vmware (or m$ virtPC) is a perfect tool.  I use vmware to build baseline installs for testing then am able to clone the environment as many times as I need in a matter of seconds.  I would definitely second the virtual machine route for this need.

Craig