[GLLUG] Meeting Thursday, February 2

Charles Ulrich charles at idealso.com
Wed Feb 1 21:21:33 EST 2006

Another weekly GLLUG meeting is scheduled to be held at the Gone Wired
cybercafe in Lansing at 6:00PM. Gone Wired is at 2021 E Michigan Ave in
Lansing on the north side of the street between N Clemens and Fairview
avenues. Here is a map with the (approximate) location:

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=2021+E+Michigan+Ave,+Lansing,+MI

We typically meet in the back portion of the cafe on the lower level. Venue
website: http://www.gonewiredlansing.com/

Agenda: Ruby on Rails

Ruby on Rails is a web framework for developing database-backed applications
according to the Model-View-Control Pattern.  Curt Micol will show us some
Rails features and a video on creating a weblog in 15 minutes. We'll look at
the only current Rails book and pull some pieces out in questions and
hopefully have the availabity of some examples.  We'll also look at some
current large-scale Rails implementations to see what can really be done with
the framework.

Please take a moment to RSVP if you plan to attend this meeting so that we can
get a general idea of how many will show up. Just reply to this message (with
the GLLUG list address in the "To:" field) indicating your desire to attend
and/or change the message Subject to "RSVP". Thanks!
--
Charles Ulrich
Ideal Solution, LLC -- http://www.idealso.com