[GLLUG] Free Hardware

David D keyzs4 at ameritech.net
Wed Jan 11 11:46:00 EST 2006

FYI the Good Will now takes computer parts as donations.

>From www.reconnectpartnership.com

We accept any brand of computer equipment, working or not, including:
  a.. Laptops: parts and accessories
  b.. Computers: towers, desktops, portables
  c.. Network equipment: hubs, routers, switches, cables, boards
  d.. Computer parts: hard drives, CD-ROM/DVD drives, loose PC boards,
cables, discs, manufacturer manuals
  e.. Software: retail software (with licenses preferred, not required)
  f.. Flat-panel screens
  g.. Monitors
  h.. Printers and scanners
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST ME? IS MY DONATION TAX-DEDUCTIBLE?
The program is free, and donors may take a tax deduction to the extent
permitted by law. Check with your tax advisor or visit the Internal Revenue
Service website for more information about how to value your donation.
Goodwill issues a charitable 501(c)(3) tax-deductible receipt for all
donated items.

I finally cleaned out my basement and dropped of several old P/PII machines
along with monitors, they were happy to take them.  The volunteers stated
that most of the parts (good monitors) would be put on the shelf for sale
and the OLD machines would be recycled with proceeds going to the Good Will.

David Diehl