[GLLUG] New-comer's Greeting and keysign party

Charles Ulrich charles at idealso.com
Mon Jan 23 10:56:12 EST 2006

On Sunday 22 January 2006 00:08, Tianran Chen wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I just moved to East Lansing from Connecticut, and I am very happy to
> be told that there is a quite active linux user group here. I am a
> gentoo-mutt-ion3/fluxbox lover. I hope get/provide help from this group,
> and peacefully coexist with those Gnome or even KDE lovers :-P. Anyway,
> I'm happy to be here, and greeting to everyone (yes, even those
> Thunderbird users, haha).
>
> P.S.: Sadly enough though, I lost my secret key during the move and was
> unable to recover the backup. So I had to create a new key. Without
> being signed by many people, this key would be of little use here. So
> I'm wondering if there is a key-signing party any time soon. Thanks for
> any information.

Welcome to the group, Tianran!

So far, we as a group haven't really had much exposure to email signing and
encryption, and thus haven't yet had a key-signing party. However, I'm sure
many of us would certainly be open to the possibility.

Hope to see you at a meeting soon and welcome again!
--
Charles Ulrich
Ideal Solution, LLC -- http://www.idealso.com