[GLLUG] Sun Machines

Clay Dowling clay at lazarusid.com
Mon Jul 3 14:59:00 EDT 2006

Matt Geimer said:
> They are 143 Mhz with varying amounts of RAM, most have at least 32 MB.
> Most have 2 GB or 4 GB SCSI hard drives (SCA connection), with space for
> 2 drives total (most have 1).  They are SBUS based and there are video
> cards in all but one or 2.  All have 10/100 ethernet onboard, most have
> a 2nd 10/100 ethernet card with some mini scsi port.  There is also
> serial and parallel ( I think its parallel at least).

I haven't had the privledge of running Sun hardware before.  What are the
monitor and keyboard requirements on one of these?  Also, do you have the
OS available?  While it would be an easy matter to put OpenBSD on these
machines, I'd really like one so that I could release Solaris versions of
CeaMuS.  Or does anybody know if OpenSolaris binaries are compatible with
binaries from the regular commercial release?

Clay
--
Simple Content Management
http://www.ceamus.com