[GLLUG] Slashdot Article: "Nerds Switching From Apple to Ubuntu?"

frank.dolinar at comcast.net frank.dolinar at comcast.net
Wed Jul 5 16:11:14 EDT 2006

A posting from yesterday's Slashdot

Switching from Mac to Ubuntu
Apple: Nerds Switching from Apple to Ubuntu?
Posted by timothy on Monday July 03, @05:28PM
from the different-bell-curve-entirely dept.
Mindpicnic writes "The recent switch of two lifelong Mac nerds to Ubuntu hasn't escaped Tim O'Reilly's radar. He cites Jason Kottke: 'If I were Apple, I'd be worried about this. Two lifelong Mac fans are switching away from Macs to PCs running Ubuntu Linux: first it was Mark Pilgrim and now Cory Doctorow. Nerds are a small demographic, but they can also be the canary in the coal mine with stuff like this.'"

The O'Reilly article can be found at:
            http://radar.oreilly.com/archives/2006/06/ubuntu_linux_a_threat_to_mac_o.html

Mark Pilgrim's article is at:
            http://diveintomark.org/archives/2006/06/02/when-the-bough-breaks