[GLLUG] Offtopic: looking for Dell laptop PA9 AC adapter

Charles Ulrich charles at idealso.com
Tue Jul 11 22:47:51 EDT 2006

Jason Watson wrote:
> I don't know if it will work or not but I have a spare Dell PA-6
> laptop power supply that I have lying around and would be willing to
> give away.  If you or anyone else on the list wants it just shoot me
> off an email.

I've known Dell laptops to complain loudly if you use the wrong power
adapter, even if the connector is the same. But I just tried a PA-2 that
I had sitting around and it seems to work just fine despite having a
lower current rating. The PA-2 and PA-6 seem to be the same except for
the cord between the wall and the adapter.

However, I just read that these will not charge the battery all the way
on a laptop designed for a PA-9, so I think I still need the latter.
Thanks for the offer, though.

--
Charles Ulrich
Ideal Solution, LLC -- http://www.idealso.com