[GLLUG] Cups shared printer

Caleb Cushing xenoterracide at gmail.com
Thu Jul 13 13:54:58 EDT 2006

I want to make my printer shared on my internal subnet for other linux
box's... I've been trying to accomplish this but unable. My server is a
gentoo box and I'm trying to connect it to a kubuntu box. I can't connect it
directly as a network printer with an IP because the only way it can connect
is through usb. it's an HP deskjet 5400. I've successfully gotten a working
windows share before but I understand I shouldn't have to do that. any help
would be appreciated, even pointers to a good resource... please be
specific(in other words don't just point me to the cups website).