[GLLUG] GLLUG: Collaboration

Dan Ryan thethinkbox at gmail.com
Wed Jul 26 00:32:08 EDT 2006

Thomas, I wasn't necessarily thinking from a programmer's perspective,
though that was the first thought I had had.  There would indeed be many
hangups to get past about differing opinions regarding a programming
project.

However, the idea of a community-based outreach like Nathan had mentioned
and Jason's suggestion of assisting not-for-profit organizations with
getting linux set up are great ideas in my opinion.

I totally agree that not everyone would be active in it, or even interested
for that matter.  But, I do not believe this discussion is pointless.  Not
everyone can program,
sure, but not everybody has the same skills as others, either.  Combining
our efforts could yield some surprising results.

So how about it.  Would the aformentioned ideas be of any interest to you?
And thanks for the responses!

Regards,
Dan Ryan

P.S. to everyone.  Now that I type this, I do have a specific project in
mind, unrelated to the community ideas.  I'm in need of a C programmer with
experience in Ruby.  Please E-mail me back if you fit the bill.