[GLLUG] simple NPTL question

Caleb Cushing xenoterracide at gmail.com
Fri Jun 2 15:27:41 EDT 2006

nptl is superior to linux threads. I don't think it requires a specific
kernel option. at somepoint linux threads will be removed from glibc. you
may wish to enable nptlonly in the use flags so you don't have to compile
glibc for both.

here are my glibc flags.

[ebuild   R   ] sys-libs/glibc-2.3.6-r3  USE="nls nptl nptlonly userlocales
-build -erandom -glibc-compat20 -glibc-omitfp -hardened -linuxthreads-tls
-pic -profile" 0 kB

If I can I'll send you info links on NPTL in a little while. but I don't
remember for sure where I read up on it. check wikipedia.