[GLLUG] Helps & Hints for restoring Thunderbird EMail files

Frank Dolinar frank.dolinar at comcast.net
Wed Jun 28 00:25:30 EDT 2006

Hi, everyone,
  I'm mostly recovered from my computer problems.
  Thanks to everyone for all the excellent advice & suggestions.
  I suspect I actually had acquired a rootkit that was eating clock
cycles -- Yes, I listen to music on my system, and yes some of the CDs
came from Sony.  Ugh!
  Whatever it was, it's gone now and I'm busily reloading all my software.
  However, I can't seem to get Thunderbird to recognize and use the
several email accounts and related files in the various account directories.

  Any suggestions for restoring the many hundreds of messages in these
files will be much appreciated.

Thanks,
        Frank