[GLLUG] Gentoo 2006.0

Caleb Cushing xenoterracide at gmail.com
Wed Mar 1 16:18:32 EST 2006

I got the portage one off the mirror using links and continued doing an
internet install. and it was no kernel of mine that paniced it was the
livecd's kernel. The first Gentoo I did was back on 1.4. I will agree that
support is better for amd64 that's why I converted however that doesn't mean
they aren't borking the disks... for the 2005.1 x86 release they borked the
pentium4 and athlon-xp tarballs so they weren't on the disk. I'm just glad
I'm not a n00b getting those problems I would have quit after the second
time. and as far as my experience with the kernel I did a presentation
(which I should have been better prepared for) on manually compiling the
kernel for gllug a few weeks ago. can't say I'm a kernel hacker so I have no
idea what that kernel dump the livecd gave me meant, I was hoping to be able
to reproduce, so I could report it, but no such luck. all I know about it is
it was related to IO, and I got several IO errors.