[GLLUG] Gentoo 2006.0

Alex Castner Castner at thegeekery.com
Wed Mar 1 23:42:39 EST 2006

Charles Ulrich wrote:

> ... ...  I tried the new installer LiveCD last night. Works pretty
> well and is MUCH better than typing in all the various commands needed
> to get a Gentoo system up. .. .. ..

If there was an option to fetch all the files before compiling them, I
missed it (that'd be my only gripe, and it's likely that I just missed
an option somewhere).  I had to disconnect my laptop, and didn't make it
to the next available piece of CAT-5 before the install tried to fetch
the next package.
 Elsewise I thought it simplified the process decently.    I think I'll
stick to using ssh and screen to do it remotely next time, just isn't
the same elsewise. ;-)