[GLLUG] Laurel Park Room

Charles Ulrich charles at idealso.com
Tue Mar 7 15:58:36 EST 2006

Clay Dowling wrote:
> This is fairly uncool.  It makes it a lot harder to ensure the security of
> the public terminal equipment and it's going to give us huge power issues.
>  I would also anticipate a good deal of competition for space when the
> gaming starts, possibly including displacing terminals.  It's entirely
> possible that we can secure the room and won't have any problems, but I'd
> raise this issue with the ConCom.
>
> Clay

I'm trying to establish a dialogue with Tom to find out more information
about his requirements and plan ahead so that there won't be any
surprises when we start setting up the room. The preliminary lounge
layout (based on what we came up with at the meeting on the 28th)
assumes that he'll have 9 or less. If that's the case, then space won't
be an issue.

Power is still something of a variable (gaming machines or not) until we
get more info from the hotel. Can someone make a good guess at how many
amps an average PC with 17" monitor will pull?

--
Charles Ulrich
Ideal Solution, LLC -- http://www.idealso.com