[GLLUG] I need the groups help...

Caleb Cushing xenoterracide at gmail.com
Wed Mar 8 03:07:11 EST 2006

I have experiece what appears to have been the hardware failure of a major
system component... It has to be either the motherboard, cpu, power supply,
or RAM. I'm really thinking one of the first 3 because it refuses to post. I
even took the processor out and no POST, and the fans are spinning on the
motherboard and in the powersupply so I think it must be the motherboard but
I'm not sure. I need to test the hardware... I'm hoping someone can help...
MSI K7N2-Delta ILSR
ATHLON-XP 2200
DDR PC 2100 RAM (mboard supports up to 4200)
350 Watt Power supply

I had a hard drive die less than a month ago... I think something is killing
my hardware... possible power flux in the walls... these lights like to
flicker.

I've disconnected all peripherals and no post
the ram and the cpu still no post but the fans run. I'm thinking
motherboard... it's 2 years old I guess, but it's the 3rd newest component
in the system, the rest of the possible causes are older...