[GLLUG] Re: Gentoo

Caleb Cushing xenoterracide at gmail.com
Tue Mar 14 05:26:43 EST 2006

hmm... at any rate the compiling thing is  a common misconception propagated
by new and ignorant users of gentoo... there are of course many jokes
floating around about "Gentoo Ricing". You can... however speed up certain
applications by using prelink<http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/prelink-howto.xml>.
if your a kde user this can allow you to take kde init right out of the
process, I have noticed a few speedups from using it but with my
minimalistic approach I wasn't going to notice that much.