[GLLUG] GLLUG Forum

Charles Ulrich charles at idealso.com
Tue Mar 14 09:59:12 EST 2006

Caleb Cushing wrote:
> I was thinking it might be nice if GLLUG had a forum instead of just the
> mailing list. Thoughts?

We've tossed the idea around in the past, but the consensus has
typically been that we should stick to the mailing list. The number of
messages posted to the list each week is pretty manageable and we don't
usually go off on too many wild tangents, which forums are particularly
good at handling.

There's also the fact that mailing list traffic is automatically
delivered to our inboxes. Many of us simply wouldn't have the time or
remember to check forums in any regular manner. In order to have as many
people involved as possible in GLLUG discussion and activities, it might
be better to keep all it all in one place.

Finally, mailing lists have that old-school, open source community
"feel" to them that forums just can't reproduce. :)

--
Charles Ulrich
Ideal Solution, LLC -- http://www.idealso.com