[GLLUG] GLLUG Forum

Marr marr at flex.com
Wed Mar 15 17:25:54 EST 2006

On Wednesday 15 March 2006 8:28am, Caleb Cushing wrote:
> 5. Forums allow you to go back and check old things you might have deleted
> from your email.
> 6. Forums also allow new people who maybe would have missed the
> conversation on the mailing list to read the thread and add input.

Good points. Let me add, however, that both of these points would be addressed
by a mailing list archive.

I seem to recall looking for a GLLUG archive a while ago and coming up empty.
Is my memory bad and/or are my searching techniques inadequate? :^)

It might not be worth the effort, but there have been a couple of times in the
past where a GLLUG archive of the ML traffic would have served me well. Just
a thought....

As for the add-a-forum issue, personally, given the relatively low traffic on
GLLUG (versus some other LUGs), I'd hate to see a forum further dilute the ML
traffic. I know that I would probably never bother going to a forum on a
regular basis to see what's going on, so a forum would be a "net loss" for
me.

Bill Marr