[GLLUG] Web Server

CRAA_Admin CRAA_Admin at craa.com
Fri Mar 17 16:41:53 EST 2006

Tomatoes over here also, I like FreeBSD for Other than Microsoft.

Nothing easier than FreeBSD 5.41, some things seem broke in v6 but for the most part FreeBSD is compact one source for upgrades.

Uses "cvs" to install latest versions.

Loads quickly, does not try and install any software until you want it using "ports".

Standard install needs only one(1) CD to load from.

Gentoo is for people who have a lot of time to stare at a monitor.

Although I've tried centos and it is fairly strait forward.

-H. Wu

Give me a call if you want to discuss further 517-719-6885
Glad to help anyone tip toeing out of Microsoft's pocket book.