[GLLUG] Re: Web Server

Scott Henry Harrison harris41 at msu.edu
Fri Mar 17 16:21:52 EST 2006

In terms of easy-to-do-and-use,
there may be some question of web server here.

Apache 1.3 is super-stable.
Apache 2+ is stable at this point.
lighttpd is worth investigating.

Also, there can oftentimes be nuances to web
server configuration.  So, you may also think
as to whether you want a joe-six-pack
web server configuration interface
to be present as a standard, reliable,
supported feature of your linux distro.

Sometimes when exploring higher-level architectural
solutions on top of a linux-apache-postgres-php-whatever
platform, it can be nice to snap together a
conventional solution prior to performance tuning ala RTFM.

Scott