[GLLUG] Meeting Thursday, March 23

Charles Ulrich charles at idealso.com
Tue Mar 21 15:51:21 EST 2006

Another weekly GLLUG meeting is scheduled to be held at the Gone Wired
cybercafe in Lansing at 6:00PM. Gone Wired is at 2021 E Michigan Ave in
Lansing on the north side of the street between N Clemens and Fairview
avenues. Here is a map with the (approximate) location:

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=2021+E+Michigan+Ave,+Lansing,+MI

We typically meet in the back portion of the cafe on the lower level.
Venue website: http://www.gonewiredlansing.com/

Agenda: VNC and vnc2swf

This week, we'll be exploring and tinkering with a couple of
technologies that may make our meetings go a little smoother in the
future. One of the issues we face is that the projector we typically use
(provided by El Presidente Jeff Lawton) often doesn't work well with
many machines. Since laptops and wireless cards are often quite abundant
at our meetings, we'll try using one-way VNC with as many "client"
machines as we can handle and see if there any limitations to handling
presentations in this manner in the event that the projector decides to
be uncooperative. We'll also evaluate vnc2swf, tool for recording
one-the-fly computer screen video and audio. This may enable us to post
presentations on the web for those who can't attend the meetings.

Please take a moment to RSVP if you plan to attend this meeting so that
we can get a general idea of how many will show up. Just reply to this
message (with the GLLUG list address in the "To:" field) indicating your
desire to attend and/or change the message Subject to "RSVP". Thanks!
--
Charles Ulrich
Ideal Solution, LLC -- http://www.idealso.com