[GLLUG] Tux Buttons

Charles Tower c.e.tower at gmail.com
Tue Mar 21 09:32:40 EST 2006

I was thinking about buying a Linux button I could wear with any shirt,
and at Penguicon.  Then it occurred to me that the postage on one button
could well be more than the cost of the button itself.  I was checking
on CafePress.com and saw that they have some buttons you can buy in lots
of ten or 100.  100 would be way too many.  Would anyone (or nine) care
to split the cost of a ten-pack?

I was thinking of just the plain, fat, seated Tux, with no accouterments
or clever sayings, on a mini-button (one inch in diameter).  They have
two-and-a-quarter-inch buttons, but they seem too much like name badges
to me.  I'd rather go for the understated look.

Come to think of it, maybe they'll sell these at Penguicon.  Does anyone
remember them from previous years, or how much they cost?

                                Chick