[GLLUG] Need ATX power supply

Stanley C. Mortel mortel at cyber-nos.com
Sat Mar 25 15:45:40 EST 2006

Anyone have an ATX power supply of 250W or better lying around?  I need one
for the MythTV box I'm putting together for Penguicon.  Am willing to beg,
borrow, or pay a small amount (but won't steal).  Needs to fit a Gateway
2000 desktop case.  Current one is a Newton Power Ltd. NPS-200PB-56C, a
somewhat oddball PS.  The unit is about 160 mm deep, 127 mm tall, and 75 mm
wide, with the fan on the side making it about 100mm wide.  Pictures and
info about what is in there now are at:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Newton-200w-ATX-Power-Supply-NPS-200PB-56C-Gtwy-6500125_W0QQitemZ6858112454QQcategoryZ42018QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://www.recycledgoods.com/ProductDetails.aspx?productID=14081&subcategoryid=172

Those are just for the size/style I need.  The box now has a Biostar M7MKA
mboard with an AMD Athlon in it.  It don't need to be pretty, just
fit.  I'm trying to use the nvidia gforce2 mx agp for tv-out but it REALLY
does want at least 250 Watts.  Won't even POST reliably as it is.  The
original PS was for an Intel P2 333MHz.  The new one will have to support
the Athlon.

Anyway, if anyone has something that might work, if you are coming to the
Penguicon meeting this Tuesday, I'll be there.  I won't be at the regular
meeting next Thursday though.

TIA

Stan
Stan Mortel