[GLLUG] Learning SQL

Ryan R. Matt swimmerooo at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 26 19:53:55 EST 2006

SQL and MySQL are two separate things: the latter is a
database and the former is a language to query the
database.

SQL stands for Server Query Language, and most
relational databases use this to manipulate
information in the database.  Here are a couple SQL
sites:  http://www.firstsql.com/tutor2.htm  and
http://www.baycongroup.com/tocsql.htm

MySQL is an open source database which incorporates
the use of SQL.  MySQL's homepage has a few tutorials
on how to use its database and use SQL.  Also, check
out http://mysqlfreaks.com.  That site is a forum and
contains a lot of information about MySQL programming,
and SQL tutorials.

I hope that helps.