[GLLUG] Learning SQL

Caleb Cushing xenoterracide at gmail.com
Sun Mar 26 20:12:03 EST 2006

Perhaps I should explain why I'm learning SQL, I'm trying to learn LAMP
(Linux Apache MySQL Perl/Python/PHP) I have the Linux part down pretty good
(hopefully pass my tests). But the other parts I need to work on. The only
thing I really know about SQL is that it has something to do with databases,
or at least prior to what you all are telling me. Thats one of the reasons
I'm thinking of getting a book, books tend to be more in depth than
tutorials, although a lot of books are crappy. I also have a problem with
tutorials, I like to get lazy and copy and paste. I like the compiler vs
language comparison, however can't say as I know much about compilers 10
years ago, as I would have been 11, and didn't have a computer.